Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fear is what stops us from being great.

Fear is what stops us from being great, it hold us from stepping forward to life; it is the ENEMY that doesn’t let us be what we really were meant to be. And yes, we all have fears, you name it: fear of success, fear of heights, fear of dying, fear of getting that job, fear of exercising and getting healthy etc.

What happens when you cross the barrier of fear?? After reading many, many books like “Feel the fear and do it anyway” by Susan Jeffers, books of mastering your thoughts, etc., I changed my perspective of fear. That knowledge will help people take the road and drive thru their path. What happens when you, yourself, overcome it, feel it, do it, is: “WISDOM COMES”. You have to experience it with your body, your mind and your soul, that’s when you really breakthrough and become better.

This Friday October 1, 2010 was an amazing day, o yeaaaa. I work with the greatest team of trainers ever; we really are the best striving daily to get even better. Billy Beck III, our boss, friend and awesome person ever, took us to challenge ourselves to overcome fear, step forward and be better persons and trainers. What an experience!!! He took us to do tide rope where you have to walk on a rope 40 something feet above the floor hanged by a harness. It wasn’t that easy!!!!!
To talk about my fears, I always was afraid of heights. Deep inside scared, due to an experience I had when I was little.
Was I scared?? Yes, but I mentally changed my perspective of my fear just by not thinking about it.

In early 2010, I wrote in my goals that I would like to overcome my greatest fears, and that day I internalized that goal and I said to myself : “You have to do it no matter what”, opportunities don’t come every day, it is now or maybe never, and that I can do it with this great group of people that are in the same situation I am, with their help, coaching and energy we will all do it together as a team and grow.(By the way I like this word “GROW” we do have to grow or we get stagnant, and if you are stagnant you are dead); to always be better persons and trainers, to better help our clients, family and friends, and make a difference in this world.

I want to thank my spiritual guide, I name it God, for being there and inspire me.

When we want to have something in life we have to dream it, write it, feel that you have accomplished it and be optimistic of getting it.

Keep Moving, Keep Smiling!!! We live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear is what stops us from being great.

Fear is what stops us from being great, it hold us from stepping forward to life; it is the ENEMY that doesn’t let us be what we really were...